Welcome to our school - full of happy, hard-working children and teachers. We want every child to participate fully, respect other people, be independent and determined in achieving excellence.
Physical Education develops pupils’ physical competence and confidence and their ability to use these to perform in a range of activities. It promotes skilfulness, physical development and knowledge of the body in action. Physical Education provides opportunities for pupils to be creative, competitive, cooperative and face up to different challenges as individuals and in groups and teams. It promotes positive attitudes toward healthy and active lifestyles. Pupils learn how to think in different ways to suit a wide variety of creative, competitive, cooperative and challenging activities. They learn how to plan, perform and evaluate actions, ideas and performances to improve their aptitudes, abilities, preferences and make choices about how to get involved in lifelong physical activity. We seek to provide a full, varied and interesting Physical Education curriculum that challenges, engages and excites staff and pupils alike. We see Physical Education as a vital part of the education experience as a whole.
• To develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
• To be physically active for sustained periods of time
• To engage in competitive sports and activities
• To lead healthy, active lives
• To set targets and take initiative for themselves and compete against others, individually and as members of a team.
• To provide a variety of after school clubs for all age groups
• To appreciate and demonstrate fair play, honesty in competition and good sporting behaviour.
• To provide opportunities to enable children to swim 25 metres before moving to KS3
Amber Valley Schools Sport Partnership have been working with the children to develop their ultimate frisbee skills. This is a new sport we have introduced to give the children a range of experiences.