Welcome to our school - full of happy, hard-working children and teachers. We want every child to participate fully, respect other people, be independent and determined in achieving excellence.
Art is an ongoing process through which all children are given opportunities to develop specific skills, knowledge and understanding to enable them to work in variety of media, style and form. It enables children of all abilities to use their creative imagination to achieve their potential with guidance and given criteria, as well as having the opportunity to explore their own creativity. Children will be encouraged to take creative risks and to learn from the journey, rather than head towards a pre-defined end result.
• To provide opportunities to experience a broad and balanced range of art activities and show progression within these experiences.
• Children will have experience in all areas of art in each phase (drawing, painting, 3D, Textile, ICT, printing, collage and the historical significance of each artistic method)
• Each year, children will have the opportunity to use a range of different resources.
• To introduce children to a wide range of artist (Historical great artists as well as contemporary artists). • To encourage an open-ended exploration of creativity.
• To enable children to become visually literate and able to identify and apply the key elements of art.
• Have the confidence as well as the skills and experience to communicate their ideas through their artwork.