Welcome to our school - full of happy, hard-working children and teachers. We want every child to participate fully, respect other people, be independent and determined in achieving excellence.
At Little Eaton Primary School, we believe that Geography helps to provoke and answer questions about the natural and human world, encouraging children to develop a greater understanding of their world and their place in it. It helps to develop a range of investigation and problem- solving skills that are transferable to other curriculum areas and which can be used to promote children’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. Geography is, by nature an investigative subject, which develops an understanding of concepts, knowledge and skills.
• To inspire in children a curiosity and fascination about the world and its people which will remain with them for the rest of their lives.
• To promote children’s interest and understanding about diverse places, people, resources and natural and human environments, together with an understanding of Earth’s key physical and human processes.
• To learn through experience, particularly through practical and fieldwork activities.
• To learn about the local area, and they compare their life in Little Eaton with that in other regions in the United Kingdom and in the rest of the world
• To recognise their actions can influence the local environment and wider world.