Welcome to our school - full of happy, hard-working children and teachers. We want every child to participate fully, respect other people, be independent and determined in achieving excellence.
At Little Eaton Primary School, we aim to stimulate children’s interest and understanding about the life of people who lived in the past and the ways in which it differs from the present. We believe that learning about the past helps children to make sense of the world in which they live and to develop analytical thinking. At Little Eaton Primary School, we believe that the study of History makes a valuable contribution to the children’s understanding of all aspects of life-giving a sense of identity and heritage.
• To develop an interest in the past and an appreciation of human achievements and aspirations.
• To understand the values of our society.
• To learn about the major issues and events in the history of our own country and of the world and how these events may have influenced one another.
• To develop knowledge of chronology within which the children can organise their understanding of the past.
• To enable children to know about significant events in British history and to appreciate how things have changed over time.
• Children develop a range of skills and abilities - particularly those relating to finding out about the past; explaining what happened and what people then, and now, think about what happened.