Welcome to our school - full of happy, hard-working children and teachers. We want every child to participate fully, respect other people, be independent and determined in achieving excellence.
Design and technology provides children with opportunities to develop key skills which will help them to take part in tomorrow’s rapidly changing world. The subject encourages children to become independent and creative problem-solvers, both as individuals and as part of a team. It enables them to identify needs and opportunities and to respond by developing ideas and eventually making their own products. Through the study of design and technology, they combine practical skills with an understanding of aesthetic, social and environmental issues, as well as function. This allows them to reflect on and evaluate present and past design and technology, its uses, and its impacts. Design and technology helps all children to become informed consumers and potential innovators.
• to develop imaginative thinking in children and to enable them to talk about what they like and dislike when designing and making.
• to enable children to talk about how things work, and to draw and model their ideas.
• to encourage children to select appropriate tools and techniques for making a product, whilst following safe procedures.
• to explore attitudes towards the made world and how we live and work within it.
• to develop an understanding of technological processes, products, and their manufacture, and their contribution to our society.
• to foster enjoyment, satisfaction and purpose in designing and making.